NYTEMP® is the next generation of high temperature, self-locking fasteners for environments up to 450°F (232° C).
Developed in answer to the military and NASA's need for a locking element that would meet their toughest standards and deliver world-class performance in temperatures up to 450°F, Orange-colored NYTEMP® is the most advanced high-temperature self-locking patch material available in the fastener industry.
NYTEMP frees designers from the 250°F maximum of traditional materials and allows them to use self-locking fasteners with multiple cycle reuse capabilities in areas never before possible. It's compatible with aerospace and defense fastener alloys such as A286, INCO®718 and CRES300 series.
- Torque and clamp load stability up to 450° F (232° C), more than any other patch material available today
- Meets NASA's low outgassing requirements
- Torque values can be customized to meet your requirements
- Patch-type non-metallic locking element - eliminates the need for metal removal that can reduce fastener strength and performance
- Vibration resistant: MIL-STD-1312 #7
- Variable patch length and location
- 180° (std) or 360° (optional) radial coverage
- Patch can be applied to both internal and external thread fasteners of all types: nuts, screws, bolts, studs and specials
- Features the industry's highest reusability: 15 cycles
- Can be tailored to your application
NYTEMP meets and exceeds these key government and industry specifications:
- MIL-DTL-18240 REV. F - exceeds temperature and torque requirements
- QPL-18240 - can replace PET materials
- IFI-124 - exceeds torque requirements
- IFI-524 - exceeds torque requirements
- NASA SP-R-0022A - meets low outgassing TML=.02% VCM=.0% WVR=.02%
- IFI-100/107 - exceeds torque requirements