White-colored PRECOTE® 5 thread sealant is ideal where low strength and easy removal are required.
Developed in answer to industry's need for a better way of sealing components in place during manufacture, PRECOTE® 5 has been approved worldwide by automotive manufacturers and has proved invaluable in electronics, telecommunications, aerospace and other high-tech industries.
It has a wide temperature range: -58°F (-50°C) up to 356°F (180°C) in air; and is resistant against air, motor oil, gear oil, glycol/water 50-50, tap water, brake fluid, and both gasoline and diesel fuel. PRECOTE 5 pre-applied sealant is suitable for all metallic materials, plated surfaces and many plastic materials in thread sizes #1 (M1.6) and larger.
- No additional sealing devices needed on the threads
- Replaces hand-applied tapes or gaskets
- Reduces assembly time - cost savings in both material and labor
- Precise thread coverage every time
- Instantaneous high-pressure seal
- Storage life: 4 years
- Can be applied on external or internal threaded fasteners
- Dry-to-touch, non-tacky finish
- Non-toxic, assembler friendly
- Environmentally friendly
- Thread friction values are not altered
- Temperature range: -58°F to 356°F (-50°C to 180°C)
Material developed and patented by omniTECHNIK Mikroverkapselungsges, mbH.