Nycote® Plus, our next generation thread protection and masking solution, utilizes Nylok’s enhanced white proprietary fluoropolymer powder thread to provide an affordable and efficient way of protecting fastener threads from weld spatter and electro-deposited paints, primers and coatings. Nycote® Plus can be applied to virtually any fastener to add lubricity and reduce torque versus tension scatter.
Nycote® Plus is widely used in the agricultural, automotive, appliance, electronics, HVAC, machinery, marine, outdoor power equipment, recreation equipment and telecommunications manufacturing industries.
- Eliminates masking, plugging or capping of threads
- Eliminates the need for “slave” bolts
- Eliminates re-tapping which can compromise quality and safety
- Prevents the adhesion of electro-deposited primers and coatings
- Prevents adhesion of weld spatter
- Reduces torque vs. tension scatter
- Improves lubricity and reduces installation drive friction
- Can be coated to external or internal threaded fasteners
- Achieves known and repeatable clamp load
- Guarantees good electrical grounding
- Reduces manufacturing cost by increasing productivity
- Coating is only on the threads — not grip length or faces
- Can be applied to virtually any fastener to add lubricity and reduce torque versus tension scatter.
- Shelf-Life indefinite
- Free Drive Torque 0.1 – 1.5 Nm
- Seating Torque 40 Nm
- Torque Tension 16 – 36 kN