Reports to: General Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position will manage and perform Quality Assurance duties for the facility to ensure the quality of fastener coatings and processing. This person will also work with the General Manager and Plant Manager to create and/or improve production related processes including but not limited to: material flow, cell design, ergonomics, production monitoring systems, time studies, capacity analysis, and automation projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for quality audits in accordance with ISO 9001 and customer guidelines.
- Interpret detailed blueprints, work orders, engineering specifications, and routing sheets to determine production standards and tolerance limits.
- Ensures that all processing for customer supplied and inventoried parts are produced in accordance to the Quality Standards applicable in order to fulfill contractual obligations.
- Interfaces with the customer’s management and purchasing departments regarding quality issues and the performance and specifications of our products.
- Communicates quality philosophy, objectives and expectations to other departments and the GM in a continuing effort to support a team environment.
- Resolves problems and/or conflicts and maintains open communication with the customer including providing regular written and oral reports to ensure satisfaction.
- Performs and oversees required quality assurance testing of the processed products including in-process inspection (document audits).
- Initiates and reports corrective action to bring about required change and ensure contract and quality requirements have been executed through the use of 8D, 5why problem solving techniques.
- Ensures facility statutory and regulatory compliance of OSHA and Environmental Agencies.
- Leverage ERP system (IQMS) in order to improve the Quality Management System using data-based approach: Certification creation, etc.
- Looks for opportunities for continuous improvement through system/process/ equipment improvements. (e.g., Six Sigma & Lean Manufacturing Principles)
- Identify process bottlenecks and work with manufacturing & quality teams to improve efficiencies.
- Assists with problem solving/root cause analysis and implements corrective actions.
- Creates and updates production reporting documents, PFMEA’s, process flow diagrams, production reports, training documents, Kanban signals etc.
- Works with management and process engineering team to determine the need and cost effectiveness of VA/VE projects.
- Ensure launch readiness in advance of SOP.
- Demonstrated competence utilizing 80/20 thinking and the use of the Marmon toolbox resulting in continuous and measurable improvements to the business, with responsibility for continuous education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering sciences
- Minimum of 2 – 5 years of experience in quality/manufacturing environment
- Ability to organize projects and create timelines as needed.
- Good organizational and planning skills
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Fastener experience a plus
- Must be eligible for employment in the United States
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs