3M™ Fastener Adhesives 2353/2353Y
Epoxy adhesives best suited for normal and high-temperature environments with high-torque installations
3M™ Fastener Adhesives 2353 (blue) and 2353Y (yellow) are micro-encapsulated, room-temperature curing adhesives that enhance the anchorage of threaded fasteners. They remain dormant until the shearing action of engaging the fastener into a nut or threaded cavity breaks the capsules and allows the adhesive to cure. Typical applications include fasteners for the engine compartment or safety-related parts.
Plastics prone to stress-cracking should not be used in proximity to 3M™ Fastener Adhesives.
This is a normal temp formula that is designed for applications where the service temperature will not exceed 116°C (240°F). 3M™ 2353 Product Sheet
- High torque values on coated fasteners
- Environmental resistance to heat, automotive fluids, vibration, thermal and mechanical shock
- Extended shelf life (bulk adhesive and coated fasteners)
- Controlled re-activity (adhesive activates and cures upon insertion)
- Re-usability (additional capsules break with each re-insertion)
MS-CC76 Type A
|Other||Holden HN 1737