3M™ Fastener Adhesives 2510/2510N
Epoxy adhesives best suited for normal and high-temperature environments with high-torque installations
2510 (orange) and 2510N (neutral) 3M™ Fastener Adhesives are micro-encapsulated adhesives that cure at room-temperatures. These adhesives improve the anchorage of threaded fasteners. The shearing action of the fastener into a nut or threaded object allows the capsules to break and starts the curing process. Applications of the 2510 and 2510N include engine compartments and safety-related parts.
3M™ Fastener Adhesives 2510 and 2510N are designed for applications where the service temperature might reach continuously up to 149°C (300°F) or intermittently up to 204°C (400°F).
- High torque values on coated fasteners
- Environmental resistance (to heat, automotive fluids, vibration, thermal and mechanical shock)
- Extended shelf life (bulk adhesive and coated fasteners)
- Controlled re-activity (adhesive activates and cures upon insertion)
- Re-usability (additional capsules break with each re-insertion)