Careers at Nylok
We are currently looking for qualified people.
Join us at Nylok in serving customers from around the world! Since 1942, Nylok has registered over 150 patents—more than any company in our field. We are looking for qualified people to help solve tomorrow’s product challenges and fastener problems. Apply today!
Interested in Working With Us?
Reports To: Plant Manager
Division: Nylok Mexico (Monterrey, NL)
Nylok has been providing innovative fastening solutions for 77 years and in 2017 launched a new processing facility in Mexico. The goal of this new position is to repair/upgrade machines and lead the preventative maintenance program. Nylok is part of Marmon, an $8 billion global industrial organization that is a Berkshire Hathaway company (see also Warren Buffet).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND COMPETENCIES
• Hands-On Mechanical Aptitude – Nylok machines are custom built and therefore require understanding of multiple mechanical systems working together:
• Elevator loaders, Feeder bowls, Induction heaters, Conveyor belts & pulleys, Electric motors, liquid pumps, pneumatic blowers etc.
• Problem Solving – Working with Plant Manager and Production Engineer in resolving machine issues quickly to avoid delivery issues (note: customers do not always use FIFO and therefore frequent schedule changes and 1 day turnaround is common expectation from top customers that needs to be met).
• Machining/Fabrication/Welding/Building – Bridgeport mill, baby lathe, drill press, minor welding (Outside vendors used for large projects).
• Communication - Implementing technical improvement plans as tasked by Plant Manager (and/or Production Engineer) who translates from US team. Provides direction to vendors.
• Preventative Maintenance – lead PM program.
• Safety – lead safety improvement projects and sets leadership example for facility regarding cleanliness and organization.
• Control expenses for repairs to achieve budgeted productivity targets.
• Travel – 90% Apodaca plant, 10% (Supporting offsite production in Santa Catarina).
• 2-10 years of experience in manufacturing industry.
• Fluent in English and Spanish languages preferred but not required.
• PLC programming experience preferred but not required.
• Fork truck certified.
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator
Reports To: Production Supervisor (and Department Leader for daily assignments)
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Location: Lincolnwood, IL
Setup and operate machines that apply coatings to fasteners (80% of the time). Remaining 20% of time is spent handling material with a forklift.
Machine Operator - All Shifts
Reports To: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Location: Macomb, MI
Performs typical machine shop functions to support the production floor. This includes operating and setting-up machines in a specialty fastener processing facility.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department leader or plant manager.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
• Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per the P.M. charts.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
• Verbal Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions;
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment;
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
High school diploma or GED required; One (1) year manufacturing experience helpful.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
• Must be mechanically inclined and attentive to details.
• Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set-up.
• Light to moderate physical effort required.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
• Regularly required to sit or stand, reach and move about the facility.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT
Safety Glasses and ear protection must be worn at all times.