Careers

Careers at Nylok

We are currently looking for qualified people.

Join us at Nylok in serving customers from around the world! Since 1942, Nylok has registered over 150 patents—more than any company in our field. We are looking for qualified people to help solve tomorrow’s product challenges and fastener problems. Apply today!

Interested in Working With Us?

APPLY NOW

Machine Operator/Forklift Operator

Machine Operator/Forklift Operator

Reports To: Production Supervisor (and Department Leader for daily assignments)
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Location: Lincolnwood, IL

SUMMARY

Setup and operate machines that apply coatings to fasteners (80% of the time). Remaining 20% of time is spent handling material with a forklift.

APPLY NOW


Machine Operator – All Shifts

Machine Operator - All Shifts

Reports To: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Location: Macomb, MI

SUMMARY

Performs typical machine shop functions to support the production floor. This includes operating and setting-up machines in a specialty fastener processing facility.

ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES

• Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department leader or plant manager.
• Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
• Performs prescribed preventative maintenance on machines as required per the P.M. charts.
• Other duties as assigned by management.

COMPETENCY

To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:

• Verbal Communication - Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions;
• Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment;
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
• Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.

QUALIFICATIONS

To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.

EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE

High school diploma or GED required; One (1) year manufacturing experience helpful.

JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES

• Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, use simple math, and use basic hand held measuring tools.
• Must be mechanically inclined and attentive to details.
• Must be willing to accept and receive frequent supervision and assistance with regard to machine set-up.

PHYSICAL DEMANDS

• Light to moderate physical effort required.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds.
• Regularly required to sit or stand, reach and move about the facility.

PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT

Safety Glasses and ear protection must be worn at all times.

APPLY NOW