Nycote® thread masking prevents weld spatter, electro-deposited paints, primers or coatings from adhering to the threads.
Nylok’s patented Nycote® coating process provides an affordable and efficient way of protecting fastener threads from weld spatter and electro-deposited paints, primers and coatings. Nycote® is a non-conductive powder thread coating that can be applied to virtually any fastener to add lubricity and reduce torque versus tension scatter.
Nycote® is widely used in industries such as agricultural, automotive, appliance, electronics, HVAC, machinery, marine, outdoor power equipment, recreation equipment and telecommunications manufacturing.
- Eliminates masking, plugging or capping of threads
- Eliminates the need for “slave” bolts
- Eliminates re-tapping which can compromise quality and safety
- Prevents the adhesion of electro-deposited primers and coatings
- Prevents adhesion of weld spatter
- Reduces torque versus tension scatter
- Improves lubricity and reduces installation drive friction
- Can be coated to external or internal threaded fasteners
- Achieves known and repeatable clamp load
- Guarantees good electrical grounding
- Reduces manufacturing cost by increasing productivity
- Coating is only on the threads, not grip length or faces
- Can be applied to virtually any fastener to add lubricity and reduce torque versus tension scatter.
- Shelf life indefinite
- Free Drive Torque: 0.1–1.5 Nm
- Seating Torque: 40.0 Nm
- Torque Tension: 16.0–36.0 kN
- LAND ROVER
- MERCEDES BENZ
• ON2018 (GM6076M)