Leader – Pellet Department
Reports to: Plant Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Anaheim, CA
Under the direct supervision of the Manufacturing Supervisor manages the pellet department which includes setting up tooling, jig and machines for day to day operation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Program and operate multi axis machines (2-axis, 3-axis mill/turn)
- Optimize CNC programs and post code using CAM software
- Can setup tooling and program to run production lights-out.
- Ability create and setup tooling for special parts or repeated jobs.
- Perform basic machine maintenance such as oil and coolant refill including cleaning and sharpening tools.
- Must be able to read and understand customer drawings / prints and must have strong knowledge of GD&T and tolerance stack-up.
- Ability to train operators how to set up and run machines.
- Review open orders and setup jobs for operators.
- Prioritize requests and meet specified response times for work performed.
- Coordinate with Manufacturing Supervisor the maintenance and repair of equipment and machinery. Perform corrective & preventative maintenance of pellet department equipment, both electrical and mechanical.
- Direct responsibility of purchasing maintenance related equipment/supplies related to the Pellet department.
- All other duties assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Must be able to setup and run CNC, Milling and Lathe Machines.
- Strong knowledge of GD&T and tolerance stack-up.
- Strong organizational skills
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to write Standard Operating Procedures.
- Use and maintain a variety of precision measuring / inspection equipment
- Complete 1st piece inspection of part and maintain consistent Quality checks
- Fill out in-process and Final Inspection reports
- Conduct daily machine maintenance of machine and equipment and maintain records
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following skills:
- Language: Fluent English skills are required, and Spanish is a plus.
- Safety and Security: Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions.
- Dependable Quality
- Demonstrates accuracy in producing parts according to requirements
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Must be able to read customer blueprints and follow work instructions.
- Must be able to us Caliper, Micrometer and other measuring tools.
- Efficient – Meets productivity expectations; Strives to increase productivity
- Flexible: Can accommodate changes to work assignments with a positive attitude and is willing to be cross trained on multiple machines
- Moderate physical effort required
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Regularly required to stand, reach, climb stairs, sit and move about the facility
- Safety Glasses, steel toe shoes and ear protection must be worn at all times
- Associate’s degree in related field or equivalent from two-year college or technical school