The King of Under Head Sealants
NySeal® 2.0 is durable and meets sealing requirements after multiple installations. NySeal® 2.0 allows for setting a more consistent tightening strategy, since the material does not squeeze out of the joint/application.
- Z1: Nylok NySeal 2.0
- Z2: Material: Polyacrylate (purple)
- Z3: Hardness: Median hardness 62 shore D (approx. 95 shore A) per ASTM D2240
- Z4: Volume swell in IRM 903 oil at 100 c for 70hrs: <15% per ASTM D471
- Z5: Elongation: 30-50% per ASTM D412
- Z6: Minimum tensile strength: 14MPA per ASTM D412
- Reusable (does not squeeze out of joint). Number of reuses depends on application.
- Allows for setting a more consistent tightening strategy
- Minimal clamp load loss
- Compatible when in contact with plastics (no crazing)
- Color: purple
- Temperature range: -60˚C (-76˚F) to 150˚C (302˚F). Note: Product can withstand higher temperatures for short durations i.e. e-coat process cycle 177˚C (350˚F) /30 mins typical
- Resistant to many automotive chemicals: power steering fluid, antifreeze, motor oil, diesel fuel, antifreeze/coolant
- Can be applied to virtually any headed fastener